On the 17th of August the NSW Chief Health Officer issued a letter to the sport and recreation sector recommending a tightening of restrictions aimed at minimising the risk of COVID19 transmission in community sport.
The following requirements must be followed by all Leichhardt Saints teams to ensure compliance:
- Cease face-to-face social activities relating to community sports (e.g. award ceremonies, end-of-season social gatherings, post-training or game group dinners/drinks);
- Avoid carpools or bus travel with people from different household groups where possible;
- For junior games, limit spectators to one parent only, where the child requires parental supervision during the sporting activity; and
- For adult games there should be no spectators in attendance.
We also remind teams that the following rules also remain in place:
- Finish training on time. There should be no crossover between teams and we ask that teams finish on time and vacate the field as soon as their time is up
- Spectators must maintain 1.5m between themselves and others at the fields at all times
- Spectators must scan the QR code at all CDSFA fields to register their attendance
- Do not attend training or games if you been to any of the reported case locations listed on the NSW Health website (https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates)
- As always, hand hygiene, physical distancing and staying home and getting tested if you have any symptoms are vital to help stop the spread.