2020 information below
All information below is based on best available at time of writing and can be subject to change.
Leichhardt Saints caters for players aged from 4 to 100. We have mixed gender, girls, boys, women and men’s teams.
Under 6 and Under 7
- Small Sided Football – will play 4 a side on a 30m x 20m field with no goal-keepers. All games will be played intra-club at King George with occasional gala days against other clubs.
- Saturday 2 May 2020 is the first game U6 kick off at 9am King George Park
- Saturday 2 May 2020 is the first game U7 Kick off at 10am King George Park
- Training for U6 and U7 is expected to begin Tuesday 24 March
- 2020 Small Sided Games Football Information
Under 8 and Under 9
- Small Sided Football – will play 7 a side ( goal-keeper plus 6 ) on a 40m x 30m field in a round robin format (i.e. playing against different clubs at different venues each week, with no publishing of results).
- Games are Saturday mornings (Sundays for Girls teams) on a home and away basis – our Home games are at King George Park Rozelle, away games may be played as far away as Punchbowl.
- Round 1 commences 4th / 5th April 2020, with Round 2 on 18th / 19th April 2020.
- Grading commences at the Under 8 Age Group. Grading is not compulsory, though it is recommended. Grading is held over two (or three weeks in the case of rain). The top two teams within Leichhardt Saints are graded and we aim to form the remaining teams as per friendship groups. Please see the Leichhardt Saints Grading Policy for more information.
Under 10 and Under 11
- Small Sided Football – will play 9 a side ( goal-keeper plus 8 ) on a 60m x 40m field in a round robin format (i.e. playing against different clubs at different venues each week, with no publishing of results).
- Games are Saturday mornings (Sundays for Girls teams) on a home and away basis – our Home games are at Sydney Secondary College Leichhardt, away games may be played as far away as Punchbowl.
Under 12 and up
- Will play 11 a side on a full sized field in competitive home and away games, with semis and finals. PLEASE NOTE that U12s play on a Sunday, as do U13 to U21 boys, and all Girls and Women’s teams. All Age and O35’s Play Saturday afternoons. All Age Sunday play on Sundays.
- Games are played on Sunday on a home and away basis – our Home games are at King George Park Rozelle, Sydney Secondary College Leichhardt and Balmain Rd Rozelle, away games may be played as far away as Roselands and Punchbowl.
Women & Girls
- Female only teams play on Sundays. Usually, Girls play in the morning and Women in the afternoon.
- Games are Sundays on a home and away basis – our Home games are at King George Park Rozelle, Sydney Secondary College Leichhardt and Balmain Rd Rozelle, away games may be played as far away as Roselands.
- Junior Girls are able to play in mixed gender teams up to Under 12.
- From Under 8’s girls may form all girl teams and play in an all girls competition
COMPETITION DATES – Winter 2020
It should be noted that Winter football can be scheduled for each weekend, 1 April-31 August.
Week 1: 4/5 April. Under 8 and older – first week of games.
Easter: 10 – 13 April – No Games.
Week 2: 18/19 April. State Cup Preliminary Round.
Week 3: 25/26 April – adult football fixtures will be scheduled as normal. Non-premiership juniors that are usually scheduled to play Saturday mornings will not be played on Anzac Day.
Week 4: 2/3 May. Under 6 & U7 games start at King George Park. State Cup Round 1.
Week 5: 9/10 May
Week 6: 16/17 May. State Cup Round 2.
Week 7: 23/24 May
Week 8: 30/31 May – Last round for SSF prior to mid-season Review. State Cup Round 3.
Week 9: 6/7 June – Queen’s Birthday weekend / Scheduled Round for 10+ team competitions / Catch-up Round for others
Week 10: 13/14 June. State Cup Round 4.
Week 11: 20/21 June
Week 12: 27/28 June. State Cup Semis.
Week 13: 4/5 July
Week 14: 11/12 July – Middle July holidays / Scheduled Round for 10+ team competitions / Catch-up Round for others
Week 15: 18/19 July. State Cup Finals.
Week 16: 25/26 July – Last round for 8-team competitions
Week 17: 1/2 August – Last round for all other competitions / 8-team SF
Week 18: 8/9 August – 8-team F / all others SF
Week 19: 15/16 August – 8-team GF / all others F / Presentation round for the SSF
Week 20: 22/23 August – All other GF
The Champion of Champions tournament will commence mid-September and run until the late October.